Saturday 9 February 2013

Happy Lunar New Year's Eve!

In photo: Valentina Eau De Parfum spray 30ml/1oz, The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera

So today I'm spending my Saturday morning lazily for once, instead of always having to get up early for my service project. And I savored this luxury by indulging myself with pancakes and melted cheese (goodbye skinny love nothing happened here).

It's also sad to say how I've been wasting my life away watching reruns of tv shows that have ended. I've been watching Gossip Girl for the entire week and I've almost finished an entire season, which is pretty worrying! 
Today's the eve of Chinese New Year and I'm half half so so about the whole festivities this year. It'll be nice to catch up with my extended family again, as well as eat the really good food. But tomorrow I'm going to be out for the whole day, visiting one house to the next in the heat, praying that I shall survive till Monday! 

Currently reading Kundera's The Unbearable Lightness Of Being and I'm just in love with it. Though I'm only starting the book but it's just so beautifully written and I'm not sure but at my angle I feel it's very psychological and analyses so much of ourselves in the characters and it's just so relatable as well as enigmatic. I really cannot wait to make a trip down to the bookstore to find more Kundera reads! Are there any books which you would recommend me read as well? What are your favourite books? (I think one day I shall write a list of my favourite reads to share with everyone)

I hope everyone's having a lovely weekend. Really ecstatic we got an entire week off from school - it's been so busy and I just feel so weighed down. Been coming home and knocking out as soon as I touch my bed, unintentionally! Proud to say last night I stayed up until 2 a.m. finishing my Chemistry IA so I don't have to think about it the entire week! 

Thought I would share a "quaint" little song with you all to listen to and start your weekends off:

4 comments:

  1. I read the synopsis of the book you mentioned and it sounded really good so it's on my to-be-read list now. I have too many favorites, but a book that I would really recommend is The Shadow of the Wind. I also really liked Kafka on the shore, A million little pieces, Howl's moving castle and The one-hundred-year-old man who climbed out the window and disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, tell me once you've finished it, I'd love to discuss it with you!
      Thanks for your recommendations! I've heard that Kafka On The Shore is good so it's actually already on my to-read books! Oh wow, the The One-Hundred-Year-Old Man book has a really long title!

      x

      Delete
  2. I am currently reading the Unbearable Lightness of Being too! I'm in the middle of it, but somehow it's not really what I expected it to be. Maybe the way it's written is not quite to my liking or maybe I can't fully make out the characters and their behaviors but there's something that keeps me from liking it the way that I thought I'd like it...it's kinda odd. But I hope you enjoy it. I'd be curious to hear your opinions about it too, when you finish it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, what a wonderful coincidence!! Hmm maybe it's his writing style? I must say it's extremely psychological/historical, like there is a lot of context to his writing! I love the way he categorizes his story into the "titles" like "Soul and Body", etc!
      Yes, when I'm done I'd love to discuss it with you!

      x

      Delete